How To Prevent Hair Loss With Hot Oil Hair Massage Treatment
You cried you pleaded, you begged your mum not to oil your hair because of how icky and sticky it made you feel. Besides which, you hated how nerdy it made you look. What you didn’t know was how oiling your hair can protect your mane from a polluted and harsh environment. But, ignoring the wisdom of centuries, most of us put away those bottles of oil and left our hair vulnerable to a host of problems.
But, enough is enough! It’s time you picked up those oils again and pampered yourself to a hot oil hair massage that not only relaxes you but also does wonders for the health of your hair! And what exactly are those “wonders” that I’m talking about? Just keep reading to find out…
Why You Should Apply Hot Oil To Your Hair
Everyone can benefit from applying hot oil to their hair, no matter their hair type. However, there are a few hair types that can certainly benefit more from it than others. Women with straight hair can oil their hair just once in one or two weeks as the texture of their hair allows the natural oils from their scalp to distribute evenly down the length of their hair.
Curly-haired and kinky haired ladies are not as lucky. This is because the kinks and curls in their hair act as obstacles and prevent the natural oil from their scalp from traveling down the length of their hair. Therefore, ladies with this hair type can add and retain moisture in their hair with the help of a hot oil hair treatment twice or thrice a week. After all, conditioned hair is healthy hair and healthy hair does not break or fall easily.
What Are The Benefits Of Hot Oil Hair Massage Treatment?
There’s a reason why the traditional hot oil hair massage treatment has withstood the test of time. Actually, there are many reasons. Incorporating hot oil massages into your regular hair care routine can benefit your hair in a ton of ways and make it healthier than ever before. Here are a few major ways in which it works magic on your hair.
- Hair growth: How to use this hot oil treatment for hair growth. Massaging your scalp with hot oil stimulates blood circulation in that area, which leads to a better distribution of nutrients to your hair follicles. This nourishment and strengthening of hair follicles lead to faster hair growth.
- Nourishes hair tissues: Hot oil penetrates the skin of your scalp the way shampoo and conditioner never can. Thus, it gets absorbed deep into your skin and nourishes your hair follicles and tissues from within.
- Prevents dandruff: Dandruff is often found in people who have dry skin on their scalp, which causes dead skin cells to flake off in clumps. Oiling your hair can stimulate the sebaceous glands on your scalp to produce more natural oil and, thus, treat dandruff.
- Protects from sun damage: Applying hot oil to your hair forms a protective sheath over it that blocks the harmful UV rays from damaging your hair.
- Reduces frizz: Hot oil treatment moisturizes your hair from within, which helps reduce flyaways and frizz.
- Adds shine: Treating your hair to a hot oil massage on a regular basis prevents dryness and split ends, which ultimately leads to shinier and more lustrous hair. The benefits of hot oil treatment for curly hair are really surprising.
Well, I’m sure the prospect of reaping all these benefits from a hot oil hair massage treatment has piqued your interest just a little bit. You can prepare hot oil by yourself and massage your hair and scalp quite easily at home. Here’s what you need to do…
How To Do A Hot Oil Treatment For Hair At Home
Prepping your oil and actually doing a hot oil treatment is much simpler than you may have been led to believe. You are bound to find all the equipment you need at home and the whole process takes less than half an hour. So, let me break it down for you step-by-step!
How To Prepare Hot Oil For Hair
What You Need
- Oil of your choice
- Glass bowl
- Saucepan (make sure it is bigger than the glass bowl)
What To Do
- Pour a few tablespoons of oil into the glass bowl. You can put as much or as little oil as you want, depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Fill the saucepan halfway up with water and place it on the stove.
- Place the glass bowl inside the saucepan and let the heat from the boiling water warm up the oil.
- Dip your finger into the oil to check if it has heated up to your desired temperature before taking it off the stove.
How To Massage Your Hair Properly With Hot Oil
What You Need
- Hair brush/wide toothed comb
- Shower cap
What To Do
- Remove all the knots and tangles from your hair with a hair brush or a wide toothed comb.
- Drape a towel around your shoulders to protect your clothes from oil stains.
- Dip your fingers into the hot oil and rub them together to spread the oil evenly.
- Start massaging your scalp with your fingers in a gentle circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Once you have applied oil all over your scalp, you can apply the remaining bit all over your hair.
- Tie your hair up in a bun and put on a shower cap.
- Let the oil sit in your hair for an hour. You can also leave it in overnight.
- Wash it off with a gentle shampoo and condition your hair. You may need to use warm water to wash the oil off thoroughly.
- So now that you know how to do a hot oil treatment, let’s jump into the best oils that you can use to nourish your hair…